SCREEN ACTING WORKSHOPS
THE MOST DYNAMIC AND REALISTIC 'ON-SET' ACTING WORKSHOPS AROUND!
- Fast paced, real-world experience of a film set
- The subtle differences between screen and stage acting
- Learn how a scene is constructed
- How to master continuity
Led by Doug Rao, who has appeared in over 200 hours of prime time television (The Bill, NCIS:LA, Holby, Casualty – and even a film for Luc Besson) – these workshops are designed to be fun, frantic and engaging – just like a real film set!
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- You will gain experience of the technical demands of acting on film
- Explore the differences between stage and screen acting
- Develop solid techniques that will help you produce powerful on-screen performances
- Camera shots, characterisation, hitting marks, technical jargon, close-ups, movement
- Continuity (or What NOT to do with your hands!)
- Plenty of on-screen time to develop your technique and performance
- A fun and supportive environment with feedback and guidance
- Explore the casting process for TV and film – with ‘mock-auditions’ followed by feedback and a Q&A.
At the end of the course your footage will be forwarded to you.
YOUR TUTOR ON THIS EXCITING WORKSHOP
Doug Rao has appeared in nearly 200 hours of prime time television and film, from playong a series regular in the BAFTA winning crime series ‘The Bill’, to guest-starring on ‘NCIS:LA’ all the way to working with Luc Besson on ‘Colombiana’! Having made award winning films as a director also, there are few teachers as well placed in the industry to guide actors along in their understanding of screen craft and the business of working on camera.